Wednesday 6 January 2010

CHRISTMAS part III - WORTH TO KNOW

Could you tell me what time is it...


Millions of people believe that Jesus Christ was born on December 25th and twelve nights after, January 6th, Three Magi (Wise Men) came to greet Him, the Messiah. (Twelve Night Holiday – Epiphany).
Unfortunately Christ was not born on December 25th. However, people claim that this day is as good as any other to celebrate the birth of Jesus, despite the fact that it was originally a pagan celebration called Saturnalia which commemorated the birth of the sun god. Also Three Wise Men didn’t come 12 days after birth. There is written that after Christ born, spending time on the desert they saw a shining star who leads them to Jerusalem. Maybe they saw a shining star just after the birth but they have almost 1500 km distance to cover.
The real data is still impossible to set. But the fact is the scientists are found a clue about the time of born. It is April 17th and the most surprising thing is the year: it is 6th year Before Christ. Now it sounds quit silly: “Jesus was born on April 17, 6 years Before Christ” – just like space-time continuum. But that is the newest conjectural date.

At the end I would like to add that Three Magi came to Jesus about 8 months after birth. Probably on that time Jesus could crawl on all fours also he probably didn’t have to lie in the manger.

Tied up loose ends – means QUESTIONS:

1) What do you thing about Christmas time? What is your way of spending it?
2) What is your opinion about promote Christmas Spirit (inside Shops, on the Street, etc.) just a few months before Christmas? Do you feel angry about that when the main Christmas comes?
3) Do you prefer real Christmas tree or rather artificial?
4) What kind of a present would satisfy you enough (would you like to receive)?

ONLY IF YOU REALLY WANT

5) According to a previous chart (Jesus vs. Santa - compare) please describe all graph fluctuation, take into consideration all falls and climbs, when is dramatically decreasing and why, and when rapidly and strongly rising? What is the cause of that chart behavior? What is your point of view?

10 comments:

  1. 1) What do you thing about Christmas time?
    It's great time to rest and spend time with family.
    2) What is your opinion about promote Christmas Spirit (inside Shops, on the Street, etc.) just a few months before Christmas? Do you feel angry about that when the main Christmas comes?
    I think it's very good idea.They remember people, the christmas are.
    3) Do you prefer real Christmas tree or rather artificial?
    I prefer artificial Christmas tree because I haven't to clean.
    4) What kind of a present would satisfy you enough (would you like to receive)?
    I would like to receive chihuahua :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) What do you thing about Christmas time?

    Finally some time to rest and focus on time-killers like learning guitar,
    playing board games, coding open source ;-) Oh, and old town walk with friends
    at 24th/25th night is a must!

    2) What is your opinion about promote Christmas Spirit (inside Shops, on the Street, etc.) just a few months before Christmas? Do you feel angry about that when the main Christmas comes?

    Am neutral with it - I don't really feel "the spirit of Christmas" anyway.

    3) Do you prefer real Christmas tree or rather artificial?

    Artificial - have no room for the real one.

    4) What kind of a present would satisfy you enough (would you like to receive)?

    Cash, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always spend Christmas time with family. Every Christmas are very similar, but that is why thery are so special. I don't mind promoting Christmas a few months earlier. It's so natural for me, people want to make money. If I set up department store or something like that I'll do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spend Christmas time with my family, and for me this is most important fact - I come from Slupsk, and I do not have a lot of occasions to go there. For me Christmas time is the best time to meet with them, because everyone is present :)
    Christmas time is a good business for almost everyone who is selling something. It is the economic law :) Some people want to spend some money, and the others are doing a lot of things to encourage them to do it :) I agree with it..
    Definitely REAL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I stated earlier, I really like to spend Christmas with my family, conversing, caroling, enjoying the supper and just having a good family time. If it comes to promoting Christmas, I think it is good when it is used in a proper manner. I enjoy watching people’s houses dressed nicely in flashing lights, Christmas trees outside, big inflatable Santa Claus etc. I like to step into a store where you can feel the Christmas atmosphere, but as I said before, it shouldn’t be used too much as it takes place sometimes (Jesus t-shirts etc.) I really enjoy a real Christmas tree and we have had it couple of Christmases in a row – however, it is hard to find a really beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) I meet with my family, we have a meal, talk a lot, share gifts. Once a few years I make myself a longer holiday during that time and go skiing.
    2) I really hate it. Everything is singing, glowing, dancing from the second half of November. At the time Christmas comes, I'm already pretty sick of it.
    3) Definitely real one.
    4) A book, a computer/board game, a tie and many other. Nothing fancy, just usual stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) What do you thing about Christmas time?

    Most magical time in the whole year

    2) What is your opinion about promote Christmas Spirit (inside Shops, on the Street, etc.) just a few months before Christmas? Do you feel angry about that when the main Christmas comes?

    No i understand it very well - everybody want's to earn as much as they have an occasion. I don't like only crowds in shopping centres before christmas :(

    3) Do you prefer real Christmas tree or rather artificial?

    Definitely real!

    4) What kind of a present would satisfy you enough (would you like to receive)?

    Presents are not so important for me. I don't fell angry/dissapointed if i will got only tooth brush because happy family and good atmosphere is a priority for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1) Christmas time is one of the best time of the year. I spend my Christmas with family
    2) I think it's ok but not three months earlier!
    3) I prefer real Christmas tree ;)
    4) hmmm.. I don't know I like all gifts;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you prefer real Christmas tree or rather artificial?
    It doesn't matter to me. Christmas tree for me is a symbol, I don't care that it's real or artificial.

    What kind of a present would satisfy you enough (would you like to receive)?
    Long list.. I must really paste it ;>?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Christmas, but I rather spend those holidays skiing with my friedns then with my family at the table. I do not watch TV so Christmas commercials doesn't bother me that much.

    I have nothing against having Christmas tree, however I am a lazy person so I don't like decorating it.

    ReplyDelete