Sunday 13 December 2009

Pudzian vs Najman


Last Friday, 11th of November, two debutants in MMA fights had their chance to show what are they made of. Of course I am talking about Marcin Najman “El Testosteron” professional heavy weight boxer and Mariusz Pudzianowski famous strongman. They both had signed contract for four fights in MMA.

Marcin Najman was to have his debut in MMA fights on 12th may 2009, however this show was canceled due to his injury. In the late 90’s he was twice runner-up in kickboxing in Poland. His oponent Mariusz Pudzianowski has won more Worlds’s Strongest Man titles than any other strongman competitor, winning the event in 2008 for the fifth time. He is competing as a strongman since 1999.

From the start the outcome of this fight was almost obvious. The fact that the ratio at bookmakers was only 1.25 for Pudzians victory whereas 3.6 for Najmans. There is a big difference between those two fighters, they represent different martial arts(Najman box and Pudzianowski karate). Pudzianowski’s advantage could be seen just by looking at them, he is over 25kilograms heavier than his rival and more powerful what could be seen while watching their very short fight.

The fight lasted for only 44 seconds after which El Testosteron lost by TKO. After four Pudzians low kicks Najman fell down and was forced to give up after receiving few punches from the strongest man in the world.

Questions for you:

1. What do you think of the fight?

2. What was your expectations of the fight?

3. How do you see Pudzian’s career in MMA?


14 comments:

  1. The physicist from now have a new time metric:
    1 Najman = 44 Seconds :)

    "2. What was your expectations of the fight?"

    I was hoping that I will see some surprise... ;|

    "3. How do you see Pudzian’s career in MMA?"

    I think that he imitate some weak guy, but he's very strong and he will be leader in heavy weight MMA...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have seen this fight. Big plus for Pudzian, I can't imagine him on boxing ring but he made a good impression. He has "killed" Najman :)
    Pudzian have to train and we will see... maybe in the future he will fight with the best MMA fighters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it would be harder to beat Najman. Not that I think he is so good, but I didn't expected he would be beaten up so quick...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Ten film wideo jest już niedostępny z powodu otrzymania roszczenia dotyczącego praw autorskich przez Telewizja Polsat i inne." - wwwops i'm late :)
    I think that fight wasn't fair. I don't understand why Mariusz was fighting in shoes? Thanks to it he was a bit taller and had better adhesion + his kicks were stronger. Of course it doesn't change fact that with or without trainers he was a "DOMINATOR" condemned for victory.
    2. What was your expectations of the fight?
    None except one - before fight Mariusz mentioned about some surprise and there wasn't any ;/
    3. How do you see Pudzian’s career in MMA?
    He have predispositions to be the best but right now he can forget. Just see how my MMA's favourite player kicks asses, in opposite to Najman he doesn't know what is pain what is fear -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY
    FEDOR RULES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was obvious that Mariusz Pudzianowski will be the winner. The fight was short but interesting :] Pudzianowski is experienced fighter and he's not only well-built but very well fit too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. What do you think of the fight?
    Pudzian victory is not a suprise to me. He has great physical advantage over Najman and besides he has practice combat sports. But I admire his physical fitness, which is not so obvious at his weight.

    2. What was your expectations of the fight?
    After I saw an interview before the fight and I heard the exchanges I expected longer fight especially by Najman.

    3. How do you see Pudzian’s career in MMA?
    Maybe he can make a career in MMA, but I don't think that he is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that KSW organization had prepared this fight to increase interest of this kind of fighting. For me it was obvious that Pudzin would win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pudzian was stronger and faster than Najman. He didn't have any chance but I'd never think, it'll be that short fight...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't see the fight live, but have seen the replay. When I first saw it I asked my friends "Hey is it on fast forward?" - I would never suppose Pudzian could bee so fast

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the fight was really good and I am happy with Pudzian’s win. I thought it would look different; maybe a longer fight would be more entertaining for the audience but in my opinion it was entertaining enough. There were many voices that Pudzianowski wasn’t really fighting in a professional style, that he came at Najman too fast etc – but this fight was created to be won and so did the better man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. >What do you think of the fight?
    It wasn't a fight. It was smashing. I was amazed by Pudzians strength. In my opinion it clearly shows that pure force could be an crushing "argument".

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1) When I first time heard about this fight I know that Pudzian will win;)
    2) I expected a better fight
    3) I think that he have some chance in MMA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you God that I didn't bought a ticket cos this fight was a "Telexpres" and "give me your mobile phone dude" type. I was thinking that Najman would last at least four minuts and maybe lay a punch on Pudzian. I think that with some traning Pudzian maybe would have some chance with better MMA fighter's becouse right now he was fighting like on "wiejskiej dyskotece" :D:D:D and Najman should be happy that there was a judge on the ring

    ReplyDelete