Friday 30 October 2009

Note #2: Trips with the camera

Everybody known that when you start an adventure with photography, earlier or later you start to travel. It was the same with me. When I had full “photo set” i.e. camera, 4 lenses, bag and tripod, I could go on a trip through Poland :) It was a great time for such adventures, because I didn’t have many responsibilities at work, this wasn’t season and there was loosely on university. Oh, I forgot to add…this was turn of March and April 2008.
So, every weekend I spent elsewhere. I went to different cities in Poland and I did photos. Of course, I didn’t go specially to take photos ;) Every trip has a higher purpose (for example: my birthday, Easter, visit friends, etc.).

My first trip was to Torun.


Torun is really nice city, especially for take photos ;)


There is a very interesting prison – is still active! I know about that, because one of the prisoners shouted to me when I was doing photos of this prison :)



In Torun is a lot of monuments, but there are also few scratched tenements.



My second trip was to Olsztyn. Honestly? It not impressed me. But I had several photos from Olsztyn:





On my birthday, I went to the seaside. Although it was already April, the weather was great! Do you believe that I walked on the beach in a T-shirt? :) Anyway, here you can see several photos:



I was in Jastarnia and around, but I also went to Hel. There was a nice abandoned factory:




When I came back, I come in to Gdańsk and Gdynia. I haven’t photos from Gdańsk, because I walked through the shops ;) But I have one photo from Gdynia. I like them:



OK, next I went to the seaside again, but this time for Easter. I was in Brusno – small town near Kołobrzeg (circa 40km).


Of course I was then in Kołobrzeg and I couldn’t miss photos:






All pictures of birds I made by Tamron 70-300mm. Then I got to know the charms of sport mode in my camera :)

In the meantime I also went to Kutno (my girlfriend is from there). There is closed, old engine house (I hope that this is the correct translation).  So I went there:



And my favorite:



I also photograph Warsaw. At last I live here. Last I was on the old town and around:





I really like to discover new places. Mainly I like to photograph the abandoned buildings  and people. But travel is an integral part of my “photo adventure”.


And what do you like to photograph?
Do you like to travel? What are your best places where you like to visit?

12 comments:

  1. Maybe you consider to go to my hometown Łomża. My friend like photography and he has a lot of nice pictures done here, so there are many beautiful places waiting for taking a picture ;-)
    Here you can see his work: http://fotochomik.blogspot.com/

    Btw. Your photos taken in Warsaw are the best ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posiu I realy like your photos..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    thanks guys ;)
    About Lomza..I've nevere been there for longer, always passing through. I think that this would be a nice town to photograph, so maybe sometime... ;)
    I saw the Chomik's pictures and I must admit that he has several very good photos :)

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Nice photos, nice places. Especially those Abandoned - most of them explored by me :) Me and my few friends... we're organizing trips aroung whole Poland to discover Abandoned Places - called Urban Exploration (old factories, human and industry facilities, ect.).
    In the following year (Y'10) we are planning to visit Chernobyl - Nuclear Plant & Reactors. Are You interested?
    Łomża? My wife was born in Łomża.
    Nothing interesting except old fortification called "Forty łomżyńskie" used by Germans to carry out experiments, destroied during World War II.

    Cheerio, Tomek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Chernobyl? this is great idea! Please give me some detailed informations about this plan :) here or - if you prefer - on my e-mail: michal.posnik@gmail.com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tomek,
    Are you connected with http://www.urb-ex.pl? Anyway I heard you still cannot get near power plant because of radiation, but you can visit abandon city Prypec. Hope you will have good trip and will bring a lot of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well... probably as many people I also like photographing. In the area of digital cameras it is easy and doesn't cost much. My first digital camera was imported from the USA. Then, in Poland noone even heard about such equipments. I was so into taking pictures that I woke up at 4 o'clock in summer and shot photos of flowers with dew drops. Together with sunrise I managed to take great pictures.Now, I don't do such "extreme" things. I take photographs mainly on holidays. An excellent place to photograph is Rome where I was in August. It is full of beautiful monuments which are worth recording.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been to many different countries all over the world and it is almost impossible for me not to have a camera along with me. All those beautiful places, buildings, different people and situations are certainly worth recording and photographing. I really like water and sand, therefore, one of my favorite places are the Mediterrenean countries such as Greece, Tunisia, Cyprus etc. Being there is a stunning experience and a great way to relax from your daily routines. However, it can be pretty expensive so I also like to visit the countryside where my grandparents live and where the air is clean and fresh. What is more, the sights are pretty too. I really like to grab my camera on a nice sunny day and take couple shots of animals, birds and the beautiful green fields. If you don't have enough money to travel abroad, I really recommend visiting one of our typical Polish villages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, previous year You spent very active:) I also love trips but last time I had to much responsibilies in Warsaw, so number of my trips this year is to small for me. I plan to make up that. I hope that happen as soon as possible and then I will take camera with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having time for travelling... you're a lucky person. Very nice photos. Interesting part with the prison in Torun. If it's true they seem to have a pretty nice building... at least from the outside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. At the beginning, brilliant photos!!
    And now some answers:
    I like photographing a living nature and my girlfriend:]]
    I love travel very much and when it's posible I try to run away of the city. Most of all I would like to visit India and maybe during these holidays I will be able to fulfill my dreams.

    ReplyDelete